Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
Stepping Stones Counseling Center is taking the following precautions to protect our clients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy rooms has been arranged for appropriate physical/social distancing.
- Stepping Stones' staff will wear masks.
- Staff maintains safe distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy rooms, the waiting room and at the reception counter.
- We schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- We ask all patients to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessible. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Therapists' rooms will be disinfected after each session.
- Common areas and bathrooms will be thoroughly disinfected every hour and at the end of each day.
Your Responsibility to Minimize Your Exposure
To obtain services in person, you agree to take certain precautions which will help keep everyone (you, me, and our families, [my other staff] and other patients) safer from exposure, sickness and possible death. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it may result in our starting / returning to a telehealth arrangement.
- You will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom free.
- You will take your temperature before coming to each appointment. If it is elevated (100 Fahrenheit or more), or if you have other symptoms of the coronavirus, you agree to cancel the appointment or proceed using telehealth. If you wish to cancel for this reason, you will not be charged our normal cancellation fee.
- You will wait in your car or outside [or in a designated safer waiting area] until your appointment time.
- You will wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when you enter the building.
- You will adhere to the safe distancing precautions we have set up in the waiting room and therapy room. For example, you won’t move chairs or sit where we have signs asking you not to sit.
- You will wear a mask in all areas of the office.
- You will keep a distance of 6 feet and there will be no physical contact (e.g. no shaking hands) with your therapist or any staff.
- You will try not to touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth with your hands. If you do, you will immediately wash or sanitize your hands.
- If you are bringing your child, you will make sure that your child follows all of these sanitation and distancing protocols.
- You will take steps between appointments to minimize your exposure to COVID-19.
- If you have a job that exposes you to other people who are infected, you will immediately let your therapist and/or staff know.
- If your commute or other responsibilities or activities put you in close contact with others (beyond your family), you will let your therapist and/or staff know.
- If a resident of your home and anyone you have been in contact within two weeks tests positive for the infection, you will immediately let your therapist and/or staff know and we will then begin resume treatment via telehealth.
At this time we are conducting Telehealth Treatment to help stop the spread. We are planning to start Face-to-Face sessions in July as long as local, state and federal orders allow. In addition, we may change the above precautions if additional local, state or federal orders or guidelines are published.